Are you looking for......
- a new challenge in a different more responsive health system?
- a change from NHS style healthcare?
- a role using your skills to benefit a small, close-knit community?
The States of Guernsey has an exciting and unique opportunity for a Consultant in Community Services, to provide specialist community paediatric services for children and young people aged between 0- 18 years old.
This is a new post giving you the opportunity to shape community paediatric services on Guernsey. There is an integrated child health department with five acute general paediatricians providing comprehensive paediatric services. There is a well-staffed multidisciplinary team including speech therapists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, CAMHS services, and specialist children’s nursing services. There are excellent working relationships with education and social services. The standard of primary care is high.
We will support you in developing supportive network links with other community paediatric services. This role will be supported by a local housing licence and support for all reasonable relocation costs will also apply. The beautiful island of Guernsey has a population of 65,000 and maintains close and convenient links to most major UK airports. An attractive remuneration package is waiting for you as well as a healthy work/life balance.
Consultant in Community Paediatrics
Service Area: Children and Family Community Services
- Competitive Salary
- Grade: Consultant Grade £84,252 - £113,440 per annum for a 10 PA contract, no on-call payment
- Attractive relocation package, including accommodation allowance up to £5,000, depending on accommodation arrangement
- Full-time, permanent contract
- Generous pension scheme
- Professional subscriptions paid for
- Excellent training opportunities, up to masters level
- Free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites
- Continuous service from the NHS or a local or public authority honoured, for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays
- Long Term Employment Permit provided
- And many more
Full GMC Registration with licence to practise Inclusion on the GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCT (or CESR / equivalent)
Qualifications: MB ChB or equivalent
MRCPCH or equivalent
On the specialist register for Community Paediatrics
Training relevant to subspecialty interest
- Sufficient experience at Senior level to be placed on the Specialist Register.
- Fully accredited by college and acceptable to college representative.
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the dayto-day management of the Service.
- Active participation in clinical governance, quality improvement, and audit.
- Safeguarding experience Understanding of SUDIC process Active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
- Experience in autism assessments.
- Intelligent and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Good organisational & personal management skills.
- Ability to contribute to the development of services.
- Experience of audit
- Ability to manage and lead the team
- Budgetary awareness
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Caring attitude Understands of need for personal development in self and others.
If you are interested to hear more about the roles, please contact Vedrana on firstname.lastname@example.org or +353 87 405 9697.