On behalf of our client, one of the world’s leading health care suppliers, we are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager for the renal care area.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the growth in sales to achieve maximum profitability/margins in line with delineated targets of the division
- Commercially focused, identifying and maximizing new sales opportunities with existing and potential customers for the Strategic Business Area’s in line with the planned strategy.
- Monitor customer accounts to ensure that the sales potential is fully exploited for the division.
- Foster a high performance culture and lead a dedicated team of professionals across such areas as;
Ä Day to day management of the business.
Ä Budgetary and commercial controls.
Ä Employee development and planning.
Ä Representing the company in a professional manner at all levels both internally and externally.
- Prepare regular forecasts, contributing to effective strategic planning and be an active member of the management team.
- Be proactive with regards to local country and divisional strategy.
- Effectively manage the market introduction of company product innovations.
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure operational execution of market strategies e.g. SCM.
- To ensure profitability of the product business is maintained through effective pricing and cost containment strategies.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all activities, reporting on a monthly basis to the company Commercial Manager.
- Maintain appropriate and up-to-date product knowledge on the Company’s range of products and services to ensure accuracy of communications and strong reputation and credibility with all customers.
- Actively monitor competitor activities, existing and new products/services, pricing, and communication and promotion strategies and report back to Management on same as appropriate.
- A High Performing team member and pioneer for better Healthcare in Ireland..
- Maintain and develop strong business relationship with all key stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all expense related activities, reporting on a monthly basis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A qualification to degree level in Business / Engineering / Nursing.
- Proven track record within a Sales / Clinical / Technical Role.
- A Commercial Qualification or commitment to undertake within year one.
- High Performing Team Member and pioneer for better Healthcare in Ireland.
- Strong planning, organisation and work prioritisation skills.
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative and IT skills.
- Clean full driving license.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Striving for Excellence
- Commitment to Collaboration
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Linda on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail LDunne@thornshaw.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671