• Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration.
• Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
• Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
• Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
• Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
• Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
• Fault-find complex automation equipment
• Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
• Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
• Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
• Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
• Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
• Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
• Strong communication skills
Other Skills, Abilities and Education •
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent
• 5/6 years experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
• Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs, Guardlogix Safety PLC’s and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA HMI software.
• Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
• Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.