Technical Lead Engineer
*Successful candidate must hold an Irish/EU Passport/Stamp 4 Visa.*
My client is currently looking at expanding their technology centre and are seeking people who want to work on core product for deployment on a global scale. They want to talk with people who want to;
• Create better experiences for users
• Prioritise ease of use and functionality
• Build and deploy new services
• Ask questions of the biggest datasets
• Be passionate, impactful and Be first
• Join a team on a mission
Technical Lead application developers will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, design and develop software applications based on defined requirements.
My clients are working on an enterprise scale system that is capable of processing upwards of 1000 transactions per second. You as a team member will be required to ensure that non-functional requirements for performance, scalability, availability and overall system resilience are considered and maintained throughout. As part of this team, you will also be developing support for the Nexo payments industry standard for this payment gateway product including the implementation of features to support future alternative payment methods. You will be working as part of a global distributed development organization using Agile Scrum methods.
- Analysis of complex processes and technological heterogenic applications
- Contribute at a high level to implementing technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team that will contain other developers, architects, product owners, SDETs and DevOps engineers.
- Work closely with system and enterprise architects in order to develop and design the best possible approach; support the development and implementation for new and existing web applications or services in the electronic payments area.
- Implementation, documentation and quality assurance of SW architecture and E2E solutions. Part of it is the hand-over to production and the participation in on-call availability where required.
- Work within a defined agile delivery process to deliver high quality code for complex projects.
- Support the architectural direction and solution specification for new web applications and services.
- Responsible for the execution of required, complex, development tasks, including: unit tests, debugging with state-of-the-art tools, programming languages and utilities.
- Validation activities including, component tests, regression tests, system integration tests.
- Implementation, documentation and quality assurance of software/architectures and E2E- solutions.
- Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of our high performance, enterprise production environment.
- Contribute to estimation efforts at a T-shirt sizing level using your expertise in the relevant areas.
- Knowledge transfer, active support and educational development of internal and external team members.
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
Knowledge & Skills
- 8+ years’ experience in designing and developing web and services based applications. Full stack development experience is preferred.
- Large Scale Enterprise level experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Exceptionally strong on code quality.
- Excellent knowledge in JEE/Spring, JAVA 8, Shell-Scripting.
- Extensive knowledge on modern, relational databases (Oracle).
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA and Confluence.
- High on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal commitment for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team.
- Ability to communicate clearly to business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives.
- Very strong and proven communication and coordination skills, open-minded and determined.
- Very organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
- Responsible for planning, highlighting and implementing possible improvements for existing and new applications.
- Can do, Will do attitude: You will be joining a founding team first and a large organisation second. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop
For more information on the role above please contact Martin on 091507507, or email your CV to Martin.Connell@cpl.ie