Technical Lead Engineer
As a Technical Lead Engineer (known internally as Staff Engineer) for our client, you will directly contribute to the company’s technical strategy by building social networking features to further unite the vibrant community of members all while collaborating with top engineers in the industry. Our client’s passion is to deliver experiences that make their users fall in love with them again and again.
- Lead architecture and delivery of features to bring organic offline community behaviour onto their digital platforms, transforming the brand and user experience to be customer dominated and connected.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design to build community engagement features to connect the users to one another.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of strategic initiatives related to community.
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder, removing roadblocks, and determining when to build and when to leverage third party social platforms/tools.
- Lead prioritisation efforts, plan future roadmaps, and provide mentorship to others.
- Deeply care about the happiness and careers of others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Substantial experience designing community networks with a deep knowledge of social graphs and tagging systems.
- Deep experience with different types of data stores, including relational, NoSQL, and graph databases, with the ability to defend why one is a better fit for a given task than the other.
- A strong command of algorithms, data structures, and best practices, e.g. tree structures, recursion, OODP, etc.
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimisation with an aim toward performant and clean solutions.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
- Hands-on technical leadership, experience in a developer relations position, and/or people management experience.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems microservices.
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity.
For more information regarding this role contact one of our IT Recruitment Consultants for a confidential conversation.
Claire Brady 091 507 537 or email email@example.com
Martin Connell 091 507 507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org