About the role:
Servisource Workforce Solutions is a leading Irish owned provider of high quality and innovative recruitment and staffing solutions , with over 20 years experience, across a number of sector specialities. We provide a range of niche managed and specialist total managed solution.
Our mission is to provide our clients with the total solution they need to achieve their objectives in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible
This candidate is essentially the person responsible for the day-to-day running of the Domiciliary Care business.
They report to the management team and disseminate information to a team to ensure that service levels are consistent and maintained to the highest standard and that the client has a single point of contact within the team in a true partnership arrangement.
This role arises from the ambition of the business to expand its homecare services into the UK.
Initially the role will primarily focus on assisting Myhomecare achieving a CQC registration and after 6 months the applicant will be responsible for the overall management of the service.
This role is based in our Manchester office. Great opportunity for a healthcare professional who is looking to advance their career.
Duties of the role will include but not limited to;
- To take responsibility for the development & day-to-day operations of the domiciliary care agency
- To promote a caring and safe environment for Service Users and ensure that each Service User receives care tailored to their individual needs.
- To be responsible for Service User safety and show a commitment to safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- To ensure the business is fully compliant and adheres to all CQC regulations
- Liaising with Service Users and other care professionals to ensure all needs are met
- Maintaining accurate records and files of care workers and Service Users
- Business development in a region to maintain exclusivity of care provision.
- Ensuring training of all staff is monitored and recorded
- To utilise business development skills to achieve growth targets
- To identify opportunities for growth within the business though relationship building and networking
- To support and manage the office and care staff in line with company standards
- Liaising with recruitment administrator to ensure candidates are being matched to your Service User requirements and ensuring the recruitment process is being adhered while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Liaising regularly with the bookings team, keeping abreast of Service User requirements and ensuring fill rate targets are fulfilled and any staff deficits are actioned.
- To ensure policies and procedures are adhered to to ensure Right to Work, DBS, Referencing and regulatory compliance
- Managing staff performance, including staff appraisals, regular supervisory meetings and spot checks
- Monitor Service User Satisfaction
Key Performance Indicators;
- Fill rates/ Key Performance Indicators (regional)
- Conformance with CQC regulations
- New business development
- Service User visits
- To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Registered Manager Experience (current registration desirable, or be willing to undertake CQC registration)
- A valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Pin
- Candidates are required to have excellent interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to work independently and manage your own time.
- Candidate must have a background in the care sector, with relevant qualifications and experience in aspects of nursing
- Candidates must have knowledge and or experience within business development
- Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be fully proficient in basic IT systems.
- Travelling throughout the Manchester is a large part of the role; applicants must be able to travel and be based in our Manchester Office
- Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
To apply for this role please contact Danielle Blower on email@example.com or 00353 87 964 6202 quoting the job order number JO-2008-453972