Transfer Pricing Analyst – Pfizer GFS
Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are currently recruiting for an Transfer Pricing Analyst based in their GFS site.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Pfizer Ireland’s city centre site. Both Global Financial Solutions (GFS) & The Pfizer Treasury Centre are located in Ringsend, in Dublin City. The GFS handles all financial services for Pfizer in Europe, while the treasury in Dublin is Pfizer's global treasury centre for areas outside the US.
The Transfer Pricing Center of Excellence (CoE) is a newly established team in 2016 with the key goal of supporting centrally, Pfizer’s Global Tax and Business strategy.
The successful colleague will develop a deeper understanding of how Pfizer operates globally and its transfer pricing policy and procedures. The colleague will support discussions with Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) and Commercial Finance colleagues along with Global Tax support, with a view to ensuring appropriate transfer pricing methodologies are applied.
• Perform analysis at a legal entity level of the Income Statement.
• Collate data elements from stakeholders to propose transfer prices on products across the supply chain and prepare models of pricing scenarios using supporting technologies.
• Analyse the profitability of products, proposing transfer price adjustments where required.
• Journal entry of transfer pricing related adjustments.
• Reconciliation and maintenance of balance sheet accounts, including issue resolution.
• Preparation of intercompany recharges/ invoices and reconciliation of intercompany balances.
• Ensuring that accounting records are maintained in accordance with accepted policies and procedures
• Assist with the year-end external audit process and support the Transfer Pricing Managers.
• Coordinate resolution of any issues, engaging with relevant stakeholders to ensure prompt resolution.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the accounting treatment for all transfer pricing related transactions.
• Ensure timely deliverables of all documentation on company processes as required for audits and Tax filings.
• Support conference calls with stakeholders in country finance and Global Tax to review legal entity profitability and document minutes of same.
• Ensure all documentation in connection with profit reviews are accurately prepared and maintained in accordance with statutory responsibilities/requirements.
• Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of Pfizer’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls.
• Ensure adherence to defined control and compliance requirements as per company policies and provide necessary support to the internal and external audit processes.
• Demonstrate and actively support delivery of commitments on GFS Global strategic initiatives such as Great Place to Work /Pfizer Voice.
• Proactively participate in determining and implementing best practice, and drive for continuous improvement, providing guidance to the team as necessary.
• Demonstrate and support any transformational projects (i.e. being proactive in offering solutions to and implementing agreed solutions, representing the team at project forums as needed).
• Qualified Accountant (or part-qualified accountant proactively studying towards a recognized financial qualification)
• Experience in dealing with internal and external auditors and supporting the audit process
• Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
• Strong written and verbal communication skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management and focused on relationship skills
• Strong accounting, analytical thinking and problem solving skills and proven ability to drive continuous improvement
• Accounting or tax related experience in a Corporate Finance, Shared Service, or Public Accounting environment
• Practical experience of US-GAAP and Statutory Accounting, in particular knowledge of Pfizer Standards and an ability to analytically review and challenge statutory financial statements to ensure completeness
• IT Skills: Excel, SAP & HFM / FDM, Smartview experience are highly desirable
• Strong attention to detail and quality delivery of outputs
• Ability to work in a matrix structured organization
• Strong knowledge of business processes, internal control and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Previous Financial Planning &Analysis experience in a commercial organization and knowledge of the P&L (ideally Pharmaceutical) would be an advantage
• Previous experience of supply chain/transfer pricing would be an advantage