Cpl, in partnership with our client Pfizer, are currently recruiting for a Training Specialist to work onsite with Pfizer in Newbridge, Co. Kildare.
The Training Specialist is responsible for providing training advice and support to specific functional areas and/or managing specific training programmes (e.g. cGMP) across the site. The Training Specialists will be responsible for ensuring all training activities are in line with approved training processes and systems. Training Specialists are responsible for ensuring their functional area(s) are compliant from a regulatory perspective with regard to technical and operational training.
- Ensure strict adherence to site policies/procedures, cGMP/GLP and environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Ensure area of responsibility is maintained in a constant state of compliance and audit readiness in line with current regulations, PQS, and business needs. All related procedures and documentation are maintained accordingly.
- Safety and housekeeping considerations
- Execute responsibilities in line with Right First-Time principles
- Ensure resolution of and/or appropriate escalation of issues
- Demonstrating company values and Pfizer competencies
- Ensure that all department metrics are adhered to
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectiveness of Training System
- Provide professional guidance, advice and recommendations on opportunities where training solutions can improve business operations and/or people’s effectiveness.
- In collaboration with training colleagues and relevant stakeholders improve the training processes and systems; being at all times conscious of regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Works with site management and other support groups (other Pfizer Training managers / Global Training) to continuously review and improve training effectiveness.
- Manages and co-ordinates, in conjunction with other members of the Training function, training vendors on site to ensure effective, efficient, consistent and cost-conscious training solutions are provided.
- Ensure all training is accurately recorded on the Learning Management System by Central Data Entry group.
- Manage specific site programmes (for example GMP, NHO, Enterprise systems)
- Work with Organizational Development and the Global Training Team to support projects or development initiatives as needed.
- Ensure instructional design techniques and principles are applied to support classroom, on-the-job and procedural training.
- Deliver training as appropriate
Training, Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the preparation, communication, coordination and the execution of the annual training plan in conjunction with Quality and functional Area Management.
- Coach and mentor staff in the function area to ensure a high level of knowledge of Training systems
- Provide input into the financial planning and budgeting process for the overall site, PPU/FU and projects (as required) to ensure funding is in place to support training needs.
Resources & Systems Role (Specifically)
- Manage New Hire Orientation Programme
- Manage Learning Management System to deliver training efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the Training Materials
- Responsible for managing the Training Intranet page and in particular the SOP’s issued for training.
- Accountable for the development and communication of Training Metrics and KPI’s that underline training activities across the business and relating to key systems/processes
- Ensure documentation practices and systems are in place and understood to monitor and maintain training requirements, history and qualifications.
- Provide SME knowledge during audits as required.
- Manage the learning center in collaboration with the OD function
Business Services Role (Specifically)
- Provide advice and recommendations to local management on opportunities where training solutions can improve business operations.
- Manage the identification, design, execution and documentation of training for the functional area in line with approved training processes.
- Ensure the functional area is audit ready from a Training perspective in advance of Regulatory and Corporate Audits.
- In partnership with local stakeholders, conduct an annual analysis of the training needs of the functional area and undertake a regular review of the subsequent Training Plan.
- Coach and Mentor Supervisors and Managers to ensure the relevant training requirements have been assigned for each employee in line with the relevant site procedures.
- Work with local trainers (e.g. Team Coordinators) and Management to ensure appropriate training is carried out prior to any independent working.
- Develop and manage local induction programmes for new employees.
- Manage the execution of PPG, On the Job Training (OJT), Classroom, Equipment, cGMP and Safety/Environmental Training associated with the area. Co-ordinate the scheduling of training events as required.
- Ensure all training is accurately recorded on the Learning Management System by Central Data Entry Group
- Use the Learning Management System reporting facilities to identify and remediate any missing training requirements.
- Drive compliance to training related regulatory procedures within that Business Group and escalates issues to PPU/FFU management as necessary.
Formal Qualification in Business, Education, Training and Development, instructional design or related fields preferred.
Relevant experience in employee skills training, classroom training, design or process improvement activities. Relevant Leadership and Managerial experience is required. Experience of pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing industry an advantage.
Interested applicants should apply with CV to arrange a confidential chat. Candidates must hold an EU passport or stamp 4 visa permit for Ireland to be eligible for consideration.