Servisource, on behalf of our client are currently seeking a Technical Buildings Officer to be based in Nass, Co.Kildare.
The Technical Buildings Officer will report to the Head of Corporate Services and the Buildings Programme Manager on all aspects of the upkeep and structural development of the physical facilities including rented accommodation and infrastructure.
They will assist the Buildings Programme Manager with the management, supervision and implementation of planned capital development, planned maintenance procedures, supervision of external contractors and other operational and commercial duties.
The role may require travel to school/ education centre sites across County Kildare and County Wicklow as requirements arise.
Main Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- The scope of responsibility will include (but is not limited to) the following project types: - Major, Minor and Small Works Contracts incl. but not limited to New Build, Major Extensions, Minor Extensions & Temporary Accommodation, Emergency Works and Summer Works.
- Working in conjunction with the Head of Corporate Services and the Buildings Programme Manager provide technical and project management expertise in order to deliver a cohesive and responsive service delivery to the buildings programme.
- Planning and preparation of applications for funding for capital works projects.
- Providing technical support, expertise and advice to Principals and Centre Managers in relation to their school/ education buildings.
- Supervision of Consultants and Contractors to ensure compliance with their Brief.
- Assist the Head of Corporate Services and the Buildings Programme Manager in the development of an annual and 5-year masterplan for planned preventative maintenance for schools and education centres
- Assist in the development of energy management and conservation measures across schools and centres.
- Monitor and report on compliance with building contract matters ensuring the effective risk management of such contracts.
- Provide project status reports to the Buildings Section, Senior Management Team/ other stakeholders as required
- Ensure project files are checked for completeness at the end of a project incl. the Safety File.
- Ensure Capital Projects are progressed and kept to schedule and on budget.
- Provide audit trail for all decisions on Capital Projects and Building Works.
- Ensure paperwork relating to ongoing projects is kept up to date.
- Review building plans and attend buildings/extension planning meetings and handovers.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidates will:
- Hold a relevant third level degree or equivalent in construction or a related field.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience in an organisation working on public sector building projects.
- Display a thorough and up to date understanding of building regulations, public sector construction procurement and lease agreements.
- A full, clean drivers licence
- Demonstrate a high level of ICT literacy including a proven ability to apply technology in the workplace and manage information in a shared system.
- Be a self-starter capable of working on his/her own initiative with strong multitasking capability and flexibility.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively in a dynamic and pressurised environment.
- Proven record as a team player with a flexible approach.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including negotiation, project management, report writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality and to handle sensitive issues.
- Project management methodologies
- Health and Safety qualification
The Selection Process may include:
- Shortlisting of candidates on the basis of the information contained in their application
- Qualifying preliminary interview
- A competitive interview which may include a presentation
- Reference checking
Our client is registered with the National Vetting Unit (NVU). This role will be subject to NVU disclosure.
The normal hours of work will be 37 hours per week.
This is initially a 1-year post. Any extensions will be subject to funding and satisfactory performance.
Full Job Description is available upon application.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your CV to email@example.com today.