Team Lead - Mortgage Recoveries
The successful candidate will join a full end to end Arrears Support Unit function, serviced on behalf of our client. The candidate will provide day-to-day leadership, direction and act as a point of escalation on the ASU Team.
The Team Lead is responsible and accountable for the performance of the individuals within their team and for the overall performance of the team as a whole. The Team Lead will inspire and motivate all individuals in their job function and provide critical performance support through planned coaching, development and constructive feedback.
The candidate will be joining a newly established ASU Team whose job it is to maximise collection of payments, prepare credit proposals & drive arrears resolution on our serviced mortgage debt.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for focusing the team’s attention on the set aims and objectives.
- To be responsible for managing the quality and accuracy of the team’s performance and production of work in a timely manner.
- To motivate the team and ensure that the performance of individuals meets the predefined standards.
- To monitor, measure and report on staff training and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and time-scales.
- To sign off and second check the teams credit referrals and paper work.
- To conduct monthly reviews with each team member.
- To develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant collections & resolution activities.
- To ensure the smooth running of processes and procedures.
- To keep up to date with current and relevant legislation.
- To attend borrower and client meetings, as and when required.
- To act as a point of escalation and drive complaint resolution.
- To take a confident approach in preparing and delivering results to internal and external stakeholders.
- To assist with recruitment and induction.
- To carry out any other ad-hoc duties as requested by the ASU Manager.
Key working relationships & Communications
- Senior Management
- Line Managers
- Belgard Solicitors
- Asset Security
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven leadership experience with focus on coaching and development. With the ability to motivate and supervise team members at different levels, ensuring the delivery of results in a target driven environment.
- Previous Team Leader or Management experience with the capability to work flexible hours in line with business needs, sometimes at short notice.
- Working knowledge of Word/Excel/Outlook
- Previous experience in an ASU/Mortgage/Collections/Asset Management function
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulations: CCMA/MARP/CPC/SME