Tax Accountant – Pfizer GFSS
Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer are currently recruiting for a Tax Accountant based in their GFS site.
Brief Position Description
This position will be responsible for the delivery of digital finance and process improvement initiatives for the European Tax Centre. The individual filling this position will focus on streamlining the financial tax reporting and compliance processes. This individual will be part of the tax team and work alongside digital finance colleagues to support the automation of various tax reporting and compliance processes.
In Global Tax part of our focus is developing innovative solutions to support the enhancement of tax processes. The individual will require knowledge of tax reporting & compliance processes with an interest in diversifying their skillset in a role developing and using the latest technologies to optimize our tax reporting activities. This role will sit in the European Tax Centre organization with direct responsibility for European Tax Reporting initiatives and will collaborate with the Global Tax Technology group to achieve these goals.
This individual will need to have an aptitude and interest in technology solutions in support of the business. As part of this role the colleague will be exposed to Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and their role will be to ensure the RPA processes developed by the technology group meet the tax team’s requirements. This will involve supporting the design and testing of these processes. Training will be provided where required.
- Support the business to simplify quarter end tax reporting activities
- Support the improvement of financial tax reporting workpapers
- New reports and processes developed as part of this role will be maintained by the individual during the contracted period
- Liaise with European tax colleagues to ensure their needs are addressed through the optimization of existing applications and the introduction of new applications
- Collaborate with tax technology teams to document best practice guidelines for European tax team
- Train colleagues on the newly designed processes
Qualified accountant (preferred) or Tax Advisor.
Experience in industry or a Big 4 accounting firm.
Excellent Excel skills
Good analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
Strong IT skills
Candidates must hold either an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa, and must be currenlty living in Ireland to be considered. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.