Systems Engineer – Galway
Systems Engineer job in Galway with global multinational company. Exciting opportunity to join an Agile Engineering team working on Remote Device Access solutions which enable secure connections to customer networks.
You will develop and enhance a Linux based end-to-end solution that provides remote connectivity, remote deployment and telemetry features for various product groups within the organisation.
- Develops high quality software using Agile techniques
- Provides technical leadership and contributes to the application architecture
- Drives best technology and software development practices into the team
- Works with the team and the product owner to understand, estimate and refine the product backlog
- Participates in regular demonstrations of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- A BSc or MSc degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- 2+ years of Linux systems development
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming language
- Strong knowledge of Linux internals, Linux system administration, the Linux filesystem and the Bash shell
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking including IPv6, DNS, and DHCP
- Strong knowledge of Perl and regular expressions
- Good understanding of security including the SSL/TLS protocols and OpenSSL
If you require more information about the job above please don’t hesitate to call Martin Connell on 091 507 513 or email your CV through the link provided.