Key Responsibilities will include;
• Monitor team performance to established business indicators
• Remove/mitigate roadblocks for operational success
• Support team by directing, giving feedback and making suggestions
• Provide the team's training and certification, as well as ensure employees' access to systems
• Responsible for employee empowerment, recognition
• Responsible for QM review and implementation on site
• Responsible for the success of ongoing operations by monitoring and verifying that every step of the supply chain is executed efficiently to ensure stock availability
• Responsible for the successful implementation of the various processes facing the customer, supplier, warehouse and transportation
• Drive to resolution all operational/commercial problems related to the site.
• The first of escalation of all ongoing site operational level issues
• Make decisions with the awareness of the impact on the overall success and profitability of the organization
• Communicate up, down, across the organization, with customers, suppliers, warehouses, transportation, and all other relevant stakeholders.
• Will act as back up for missing resource or skills
• Owns financial reconciliation of customer records for payment
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
The sucessful candidate will have
• Effective and clear communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong logical thought process and critical decision making
• Positive attitude, energetic, and promotes teamwork collaboration
• Ability to mitigate and resolve conflicts/issues promptly
• Results-oriented and self-motivated
• Strong analytical skills with a focus on critical thinking and business process management
• Medium level Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, PPT)
• Technical Knowledge: an understanding of the definitions and formulas of the key inventory metrics
• Leadership and coaching skills
• Projects management and leading initiatives to closure
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent education) required or approximately eight to ten years of related experience in management, supply chain, logistics management, and planning.
For more information please contact Clodagh D'Arcy on 087 347 0221 or email@example.com