Supply Chain Manager External Manufacturing
A pre-clinical pharma company is seeking a SCM to set up new supply chain processes as they move towards commercialisation.
The SCM is responsible for the management of the supply chain will have responsibility for managing the global network of raw material, API and drug product CMOs and logistics providers, supplying IV and oral finished products for commercial distribution.
Dublin North/Dublin City Centre
- Drive supply chain strategy implementation in vendor selection, COGs reduction and vendor relationship management
- Manage the planning, inventory and supply of raw materials, intermediates, components and finished goods for clinical and commercial distribution
- Define supplier KPIs, manage performance and continuous improvement programs across global supply chain
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor and record usage of critical raw materials, API and finished products, ensuring accuracy of information to assist with supply chain decision making
- Conduct what if analysis and develop recommendations for contingency plans for potential changes to the supply chain (e.g. new business opportunities, tender planning, post approval change management).
- Responsible for identifying potential issues in the supply chain and working with CMOs, logistics providers, distribution centres, and suppliers to find and implement solutions.
- Monitor forecasts to identify potential supply challenges, determine impact on supply chain activities, and proactively implement solutions
- Manage contracted logistics service providers to ensure all GDP requirements are met and maintained, while implementing and maintaining cost effective solutions.
- Ensure the review, and where appropriate, preparation and update of Quality Agreements and Service Agreements with CMOs, logistics providers and 3rd Party Logistics organisations
This role may have an additional function of Deputy RP, reporting to the RP
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in supply chain, with experience managing CMO’s required
- Previous QA / RP experience desirable, but not essential
- Experience with new product launches, particularly in the US.
- Experience preparing or supporting FDA/EMA/HPRA inspections an advantage
- Willingness to travel 25% required (including international)
Send CVs in confidence to email@example.com / Tel: 01 614 6030 for details.