Specialist Layout Specialists & Manager, Integrated Power IC Design
Maxim is excited to announce the establishment of a new design center in Dublin, Ireland. Maxim believes strong leaders are key to success and Maxim is seeking a senior level IC layout specialist and manager. This position requires experience with switching DC-DC Integrated Power, and more specifically layout of the high current switching power FETs and associated circuit in application like Buck or Boost converters.
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company.
Cpl are the exclusive recruitment partner of Maxim for their new design centre, which has just opened in South Dublin.
- Collaborate with circuit designers and understand the sensitivities of each layout activity. Communicate those requirements to the layout team and implement processes to ensure quality.
- Performing and teaching the layout of high current power FETs, understanding constraints such as current crowding and electro-migration all the way to the package.
- Performing and teaching the layout of precision circuit level designs understanding the effects of device matching, parasitics, cross talk etc.
- Performing and teaching chip level floor planning and detailed routing, including LPE extraction and use of automated routing techniques.
- Performing circuit level and chip level LVS, DRC, IR drop analysis and other physical design checks.
- Develop and continuously improve layout practices and procedures, utilizing scripting languages such as skill and working with EDA to define tool enhancements.
- Leading layout design review of products to ensure quality of results.
- Clearly communicate project status and group needs to senior management
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience with multiple products introduced to the market with switching Integrated Power functions
- Proven experience with designs targeted to WLP and Wire Bond packages
- Proficiency with Cadence layout tools, Caliber LVS and DRC tools.
- Ability to travel globally to collaborate with other Maxim sites (up to 10% of the time).
- BSEE preferred (or technical college award)
- Proficiency with other EDA tools targeted to integrated power, mixed signal or digital design flows
- Layout of high voltage analog designs
- Proficiency with digital place and route tools
Send CVs on confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 01 614 6030 for details.