Solicitor – Banking Sector
CPL are working with a major Financial Institution to recruit a Qualified Solicitor with a keen interest in moving in-house in Belfast City Centre.
The Right Candidate
You will have the personality and character to undertake difficult challenges as there may be matters outside your expertise which you will either have to research, or where you will need to help the business to take the correct commercial approach.
The work will be demanding, varied and challenging. You can expect to deal with a wide range of legal issues including litigation, insolvency, commercial or corporate banking, property matters and operational banking in a typical day. As such, the nature of the work requires you to be flexible, commercial, eager and quick to learn and you will benefit by gaining great exposure and have the opportunity to shine.
- The role is general, covering general commercial law, company law, insolvency, security and banking disciplines.
- Working with branches, business centres and internal departments across the UK to provide clear, comprehensive and practical legal advice and support;
- Advising on industry-wide projects;
- Advising on loan documentation and security lending related issues;
- Supporting legal analysis of customer complaints and references to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- Reviewing and negotiating contractual documents;
- Recommending and communicating policy changes;
- Reviewing and approving product-related documentation including terms and conditions;
- Reviewing and approving contract bonds and commercial leases.
- You must be A solicitor qualified to practice in Northern Ireland and we will consider applications from NQ solicitors to those 3 years PQE
- Some knowledge of litigation and conveyancing would be useful. Any knowledge of regulatory regimes, particularly in the PRA and FCA, would be an advantage.
- You will be solution-focused, and able to combine legal knowledge with our policies and procedures and you will need to be able to evaluate and explain legal risk.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other role please apply via the link below or contact Darrach Teague in the strictest confidence on 02890725622