In Nenagh, we are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics as part of the research and development organisation of the largest global payment processor.
We are currently looking for the founding team; people who want to work on core product for deployment on a global scale.
This is an opportunity to be part of the leadership team that is building a new software engineering organisation from the ground up.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for managing a high performing software development team within theResearch and Development organisation.
As part of the initial ramp-up team the person will be a role model in terms of behaviours and actions that will proactively and positively support the culture that we are building.
- Support the ramp up of the software engineering organization including hiring, establishing development processes and tooling, infrastructure setup, etc
- Manage a team of software engineers at all levels, coaching them and supporting their personal and professional development
- Establish KPIs and metrics
- Drive continuous improvement
- Provide input on key strategic technology decisions
- Key contributor to defining software engineering standards and best practices
- Participation in Technical and Project level governance as required
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to software engineers to support business and operational partners.
Knowledge & Skills
- Have at least 8 years experience in software engineering with at least 2 years experience in managing software engineering teams
- Strong employee performance management and career development experience
- Have a strong software engineering background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration.
- Excellent understanding of challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Experience and understanding of Micro Services, User Experience, Responsive Design, API Adoption, Cloud Stacks, Structured and Unstructured Databases and Big Data Platforms.
- Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- Cloud Technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management
- Ability to dive in, understand both business and customer’s needs as well as technical challenges and solutions
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
- Can do, Will do attitude:You will be joining a founding team first and a large organisation second. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.