SW Engineering Manager
We are building the next generation of commerce products, services and analytics as part of the research and development organisation of the largest global payment processor.
This is an opportunity to be part of the leadership team that is building the platform to enable Open APIs for the GBS business in the region and internationally.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing a high performing cross functional team within the First Data Research and Development organization. This team will be responsible for developing, supporting and the ongoing evolution of the platform that will support Open APIs for the GBS business in the region and internationally. The platform includes Developer Portal, API Gateway and Developer Sandbox. This platform will be leveraged by product development teams that are developing APIs that are to be made available in the internal developer marketplace.
- Support the hiring of the API platform team
- Manage a cross functional engineering team consisting of software engineers, architect, DevOps engineer, SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) coaching them and supporting their personal and professional development
- Establish KPIs and metrics
- Drive continuous improvement
- Provide input on key strategic technology decisions
- Key contributor to defining and improving standards and best practices
- Participation in Technical and Project level governance as required
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the team
Knowledge & Skills
- Have at least 8 years experience in software engineering with at least 2 years experience inmanaging cross functional engineering teams
- Strong employee performance management and career development experience
- Have a strong software engineering background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration.
- Experience and understanding of API ecosystems including Developer Portals and API Gateways
- Knowledge and experience of Open API standards and specifications
- Experience of the following technologies would be a distinct advantage Apigee, IBM Datapower,
Drupal Content Management System
- Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience.
- Strong experience of lean and agile methods of software delivery including
- Scrum and Kanban
- CI/CD - tools such as Jenkins, Git,
- Stash, SonarQube, etc
- Cloud Technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical platform development
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Ability to dive in, understand both business and customers needs as well as technical challenges and solutions
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality, Can do, Will do attitude