Software Engineer (Front End/ Full Stack) – Galway
My client one of the world’s largest entertainment publishing companies is looking for a Software Engineer to join their team in Galway. This position is to help build the next iteration of their quality reporting and workflow platform which leverages a microservice architecture, primarily using Angular, TypeScript, Docker, and C# on the backend to support the company’s teams in building high-quality games.
The Software Engineer is a member of the Development Technology & Services (DTS) team at Electronic Arts. The DTS team is at the forefront of emerging technology, creating and optimizing tools that enable the company’s teams to code better and more efficiently. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope, striving for ‘Quality by Design’ wherever possible.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland.
- A minimum of 4+ years of technology industry experience, including a minimum of 2+ years of experience developing client-server applications, web applications and/or services.
- On the backend their team primarily uses C# and the .NET Core framework, but they are looking for a developer with strong experience in one or more OO languages such as C#, Java, Python, Go, or Ruby.
- Knowledge of the web service environment. E.g. HTTP, REST, microservice architectures, security, and scalability.
- You write tests for your code to keep the quality bar high.
- You have a genuine interest in keeping up with technical trends in the software industry and applying this knowledge.
- They work in a dynamic environment and sometimes need to pivot to adapt to the changing needs of the company’s teams. Candidates will need an ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, face-to-face, written, and presentation.
- Ability to work independently as part of a distributed organization.
- Able to quickly assess situations, troubleshoot complex problems, and keep a calm head under tight time constraints and high pressure.
- Self-starter and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions with little supervision.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Video Game development.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams that are distributed across multiple different geographic regions.
For more information on this role contact Claire Brady on 091 507 537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.