The client is a leading investment firm, headquartered in the America
As a backend engineer, you’ll have a big impact on the firm across several businesses. You’ll write code, help evolve and shape the architecture and frameworks, and have opportunities to take on new, hard problems.
The environment is fast-paced and collaborative, and though the current project is written in Java and deployed to EKS, we routinely encounter and work in different languages, frameworks, and systems. They value engineers who are proficient in multiple languages because we know they can quickly learn the next one that comes up. We’ve recently written software in Java, Golang, and Python.
- The permanent right to live and work in the U.K.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other demanding engineering degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience working as a part of a multi-person development team, doing code reviews, testing, CI, trunk-based development, and/or other modern software practices.
- A strong proficiency and in-depth understanding of at least one of the following core languages: Java, Go, C++, or C# and at least one secondary language.
- Demonstrated skills in software design.
- The ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required.
To discuss this role give me a call on 02890725625