Social Workers community mental health, North Dublin city & county
We have a number of roles available covering a number of locations including:
North city suburbs (Killester, Kilbarrick, Rahey Swords, Balbriggan
These are excellent opportunities and will commence immediately.
The social worker will be part of a multi disciplinary-team led by a Consultant Psychiatrist, and including Community mental Health nurses, Occupational Therapists and psychologists.
The team works with service users and their families living in Blanchardstown, Drumcondra and Grangeforman and surronding area who have a range of mental illnesses including a diagnosis of Schizophrenia and Bi Polar Disorder, depression, anxiety and emotional dsyregulation - up to 65 years of age and above.
The team receive their referrals mainly from GP’s in the area. The post holder will be based in a community health centre involved in providing community mental health services to service users living in their own homes as well in a speciaist inpatient unit located nearby.
The Social Work Service operates within a recovery focused model of service delivery and the social worker is expected to be familiar with and provide services within this model.
Essential requirements for a senior are:
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Membership of CORU
- Experience of working with adults in a mental health setting is desirable
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Desirable experience / skills:
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team, ideally an mental health team is desirable.
- Additional training / qualifications in therapeutic approaches to working with adults
For further information, please contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5352 or email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org