Social Worker – CAMHS, West Dublin
CAMHS, approved centre, inpatient setting, Dublin 10
This role will be part of multi-disciplinary Mental Health Team, and will involve significant assessments and short term therapeutic input with children with severe and enduring mental health difficulties in an inpatient setting.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for the delivery of a social work service and providing a holistic approach to mental health assessment and treatment services for children and their families to maximise their independence and quality of life and to ensure agreed multidisciplinary care plans are implemented. To work proactively with other agencies to ensure the best outcomes for service users..
The role will involve working with young people between the ages of 4 and 16 who present with a variety of mental health difficulties including low mood, deliberate self-harm, suicide ideation, eating disorders, anxiety, stress and A.D.H.D assessments etc.
Duties of this position include:
- Responsible for the delivery a therapeutic social work service to children and their families
- Undertaking assessments of children and their families and identifying appropriate treatment services to meet their specific needs
- Empowering young people and their families to enhance their quality of life as well as advocating on their behalf where appropriate
- Preparing case presentations for weekly team meetings and writing clear and concise assessment reports for client’s case files.
- Bring about positive change to their lives.
Interested candidates will have the following:
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Registration with CORU
- Relevant experience in CAMHS or similar service
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice
- Access to a car and full drivers licence is desirable
For further information, please contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5352 or email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org