Servisource, on behalf of our client are currently seeking a Site Manager – Wind Farm Construction x2 for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Projects Manager.
The successful candidate will manage the delivery of construction works on wind farm projects, co-ordinating the activities of main contractors to ensure works are carried out to required health and safety standards, project quality and performance requirements, and in compliance with planning and regulatory permits.
The role will also involve contributing to other aspects of project development in pre-construction and hand-over phases. During project construction the job location will be at the particular site concerned.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Manage the day to day activities on wind farm construction projects, or other Powergen Development projects, ensuring that health and safety requirements are being observed by all parties on the site, that works are being carried out to schedule and to appropriate design and quality standards, and that all performance testing is properly carried out for the works;
- In the case of joint venture projects, fulfil the role identified in the project organisation structure, as agreed between the joint venture partners;
- Liaise with the appropriate responsible personnel for the project to manage any commercial impacts arising from claims, delays, interface issues, changes of scope, etc. that may arise during the construction of the project. Ensure that all instructions to contractors are issued according to official channels, to avoid any spurious claims arising;
- Establish an appropriate records system for the site, based on the project quality plan, and the reporting arrangements of the contractors established for the project;
- Ensure that all project team engineers, and or consultant resident engineers maintain a comprehensive suite of records, including site diaries, photographic records, test results, as-built mark-up of site drawings, etc. for the construction of the project;
- Participate in, or chair as appropriate, regular (weekly/daily) site meetings with contractors, and record minutes with respect to health and safety performance, progress against schedule, look-ahead activities, delays encountered, management of interface issues with other contractors, and compliance with construction and environmental monitoring plans;
- Ensure all reporting to local authority and other statutory agencies as required in conjunction with planning and licence conditions are carried out. Where circumstances require it, act as a liaison person for the project with respect to local stakeholders, including local land owners, and members of the public in the immediate vicinity of the site. Act as a contact person for site queries from our client’s senior management personnel and assist in hosting site visits to the site during the construction phase;
- Participate in and contribute to other aspects of project development such as planning, procurement, preconstruction and hand-over particularly at times when site presence is not required;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises and other parties in the course of the Company's activities;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons (Level 8) Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structural);
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Previous experience in large scale wind farm construction site management;
- Familiar with the obligations of an employer in the management of construction sites, with respect to Health and Safety, environmental compliance and minimisation of nuisance to local residents;
- Familiarity with and competence in contract management.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to email@example.com