The SVP will have responsibility for Custody Client Service and Safe-Keeping is a key leader of the management team for the Custody/Depositary Services Departments. This position applies extensive functional expertise, leadership, initiative, creativity, and management skills, including delegation, and the ability to instill enthusiasm and commitment among team members. In addition, the position demonstrates excellent client communication and relationship skills to enable the group to maintain high quality service standards.
This position will be a CF1 and CF4 level
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Oversight of Delegates
- Work with global colleagues (e.g. Network, OGC) to ensure that the selection and appointment of sub-custodians is in line with company policy.
- Enhance/create and execute on an annual program for the on-going monitoring and oversight of Funds’ service providers – to include on-site/due diligence visits.
- Actively manage staff resources assigned to assist with the preparation of on-site/due diligence visits, and provide performance feedback to line mangers.
- Oversee/Issue timely reports relating to the on-going monitoring program.
- Build and foster effective and productive relationships with peers within and outside of the division to achieve results
- Represent Dublin Depositary team in forums relating to process improvement for ‘other assets’.
- Work closely with R&A on the efforts to improve reporting and record keeping of ‘other assets’.
- Evolve the model for ownership verification of other assets.
- Liaise with Custody colleagues where Depositary duties cross over between groups.
- Direct and coordinate client interactions and support transactions/ operations. Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Establish and maintain a culture of superior client service within the Custody Client Service team, in line with the firms global strategy.
- Work with the Department Head with ongoing project management and act as a professional voice for the department and firm as a whole.
- Oversee the supervision of staff members through appropriate recruiting, training, performance management, and succession planning.
- Ensures selective identification, development, and retention of highly qualified, strong performing team members.
- Actively manage staff performance and progressive discipline process for employees who fail to meet expectations.
- Delegate effectively by clearly communicating objectives, standards, responsibilities, and milestones while holding individuals and teams accountable for achieving results.
- Implement strategy by communicating powerful, coherent messages about how to leverage strategic vision to deliver a competitive advantage.
Risk Management and Control
- Ensure compliance to all Depositary, Custody and operational procedures – specific to the UCITS/AIFMD Regulations.
- Monitor operational issues and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting departments, escalating for information or action as appropriate.
- Evaluate regulatory developments, assess potential impacts on the Firm operations and work with relevant department to ensure effective implementation of controls and workflows.
- Draw on extensive functional expertise of product/service area to balance day to day operations with the strategic direction set for the business unit.
- Monitor custody operational issues and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting departments.
Project Management/ Technology Innovation
- Take a lead role with ongoing project management
- Instruct peers, plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities.
- Work effectively with colleagues toward a common goal, while maintaining own role and responsibilities within the context of an overall project.
- Participate in product development initiative including research and implementation of client solutions.
- Seeks to add increased efficiency within the ‘monitoring activities’ through the use of technology while maintaining a high degree of risk mitigation.
- Develop and maintain a culture of results oriented, continuous process improvement.
- Coordination of review specific documentation for regulators and external auditors
- Interacts with senior management / department heads regarding questions from regulators and external auditors
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of financial services industry experience related to functional area of expertise.
- 8+ years of progressive management experience.
- Experience managing multiple internal or client relationships.
- Experience working on implementation projects.
A working knowledge of :
- The Central Bank UCITS Regulations
- The Central Bank Non-UCITS Regulations
- Other Central Bank regulations as they apply to the operation of a company regulated under the Investment Intermediaries Act.
- Strong background in Custody Operations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed orientated.
- Proven ability to manage and implement change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to conduct oneself with a high level of professionalism exhibiting the highest respect for the client and BBH support areas.
Please send CV to email@example.com or call me on 01 947 6307