Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
I have been exclusively retained to work in partnership with Catapult as they continue to build out their team in Dundalk. Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US, Ireland and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about the delivery of high quality software through automation and collaboration.
Senior Software Engineer
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and develop best in class mobile applications on iOS and Android
- Building on Catapult’s microservices and APIs to create a world class sports technology used by athletes across various sports.
- Working with React Native as well as native iOS and Android code.
- Collaborate with other squads to define and refine APIs and services and products.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation in coordination with team objectives.
- Mentor junior developers and raise the bar for the team
- Participates in design and code reviews
- Create and maintain documentation as required
- Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle
- Participate actively in scrum activities and overall improvement of work processes.
- Assess and make recommendations on processes, designs, operations, and testing
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with our other teams (primarily in Boston, Leeds and Melbourne) to produce world class software
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years mobile development experience.
- 2-4 years of development experience within a microservices based architecture
- 2-4 years of experience with React Native
- 2-4 years of experience with Swift, Java or Objective-C
- Experience building on RESTful APIs
- Ability to optimise mobile applications
- Ability to prototype concepts and then turn them into production quality applications
- Strong understanding of test driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- CI/CD, build pipelines (Jenkins, Circleci, etc...)
- Proven experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any 'stack'
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
Education and Certifications
BS/MS in Computer Science Preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. We also offer referral bonus, Quarterly Value Awards and social events.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located around the world with state-of-the-art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity please contact Myles McKeown at Cpl on 02890725633 or to apply please just use the link provided.