My client based in Galway is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of software engineers developing high quality applications to service the financial trading industry. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high value products that support customers in providing high value products within Asset Management.
- The position aligns to the Equity Technology division of Asset Management Technology. The engineering team provides software engineering, application development, project management, systems analysis and production support for the flagship applications.
- Work with a cross-functional team to understand project objectives, use cases and systems design requirements
- Development of creative and innovative technical solutions
- May determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Report status, identify issues/risks and provide alternative plans for recovery
- Follow standard processes and methodologies
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Help to refine development standards for team
- Test Automation (JUnit, Cucumber, Mockito, EasyMock or any other mocking framework)
- Experience of Agile development practices
- You have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- You have excellent communication skills
- You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly with colleagues on shared items of work and communicating effectively
- Someone who is passionate about their craft and has an interest and flexibility to learn and develop using the latest technologies and frameworks
- You can act independently under general direction