The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for design, development and work planning for assigned software modules, in an embedded product.
She / he regularly interfaces with members of software product development as well as technical peers, in electrical and mechanical disciplines, to assess and implement the technical modules.
She / he will be responsible for the delivery of assignments within allotted time and to required quality, in conformance with the product architecture.
Shall be responsible for the proper application of technologies, best practices, process and convergent product offerings that ensure the highest quality, most reliable, innovative products on the market.
- Planning , Coordination, ownership and Implementation of Software modules 65%
- New product and legacy development, design & architecture 20%
- Coordination and management of engineering design control documents 15%
- Support internal / external design and evaluations that support the development of new instruments, sensors, technologies and complete functional systems
- Develop and own software product technology to contribute to creating product development assets and top-level product documentation to meet product development goals. Apply best practices both via design patterns and via modern implementation language constructs (C/C++, Python)
- Develop and implement design characterization or design verification strategy for efficient, complete and robust testing through report completion and anomaly resolution or independently perform tolerance, or other design analysis by extending or adapting existing methodologies.
- Contribute to the establishment of design requirements and translate into objective and meaningful lower level engineering requirements including those of a complex or difficult nature.
- Responsible for developing and performing validation planning and execution activities to clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- Assist with conformance to design control policies to ensure product quality through technical review of work product of other team members and projects.
- Demonstrate good practices and is a recognized company expert on technical aspects of internal and external products and systems.
- Independent innovative thinker with experience in development and launch of complex software controlled medical devices. Ideally this experience is in regulated products such as medical devices.
- Experience in design and development of complex sophisticated software-controlled electromechanical medical devices. Some familiarity with embedded software architecture development and realization, that utilized multiple compute units, would be an advantage
- Must be competent in C, C++ with the ability to adapt to other emerging tools and languages as required. Experience in (judicious) use of C++11 and beyond is an advantage.
- Must be familiar with and have a good understanding of Real-time Embedded Operating systems such as Linux, QNX, SafeRTOS etc. A deep embedded understanding of the OS to driver level is an advantage.
- Must be expert in and committed to a professional build environment in a safety biased environment. Use of tools such as static analysis, C++ unit testing, CI, coverage and other build enhancement tools is a must.
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent technical degree with 5+ years of applicable industry experience is required or a MS with 3+ years of applicable industry experience is required.
- Not essential but advantageous : An understanding of hardware specifications and schematics with experience in troubleshooting electronic PCB.
- Experience in performing verification and validation planning and execution activities to clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- Not essential but advantageous : A familiarity with UX design concepts as applied to embedded design. An understanding of the Qt environment is an advantage.
- Advantageous: Knowledge of medical device regulations including FDA, GMP, design controls, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, ISO 14971, IEC 60601-1, regulatory audits and international environmental regulations.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.