This role will allow the successful candidate to grow their career, by playing a key role in the future growth of the Irish business.This role will allow you to develop sustainable partnerships with clients and colleagues and drive profitable client retention and revenue growth for the business.
• Co-ordinate and manage expert and efficient client service delivery for a portfolio of leading defined benefit and defined contribution clients, in accordance with company client servicing procedures.
• Review and grow revenues from your client Portfolio and new business activities
• Provide innovative solutions to meet our client's needs.
• Proactively Identify and refer cross selling opportunities within the Aon Group
• Contribute to the Priorities Group, and put structures in place which will result in more streamlined and efficient client management.
• Lead and deliver on larger projects for your portfolio and within the Practice on time and within agreed budgets
• Responsible for managing clients’ expectations, seeking feedback where appropriate
• Responsible for the prompt resolution and escalation of issues
• Proactively contribute your thought leadership to clients and the overall development of the Retirement Business in Ireland where you will play a key role in the future growth strategy
• Work with and support other Consultants in knowledge sharing and problem solving
• Collaborate with Actuaries, Investment Consultants and Administration teams to ensure that our services are completed within agreed timescales and delivered in a coordinated and cohesive manner
• Other relevant requirements as requested
• Possessing and demonstrating knowledge of company-wide capabilities, knowing which areas of our business will best meet our client’s needs
• You will demonstrate a breadth of technical knowledge and implement new ideas and/or adjust existing solutions that meet our client's needs
• You will develop sustainable business partnerships across the Aon business and with our clients to drive profitable client retention and growth.
• You will have prior project management experience
• You will be self – motivated and ambitious
• You will proactively engage with your clients and colleagues, within the consulting practice and across practices.
• You will demonstrate effective problem solving and analytical skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including leading on identifying solutions and making recommendations.
• Possessing the ability to effectively plan, prioritise and execute tasks to meet required deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust with clients and within teams.
• Excellent IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point.
Education & Experience
• Must hold a minimum QFA, or IIPM Professional Qualification with up to date CPD, and in compliance with any regulatory requirements relevant to the role.
• 5-8 years direct relevant industry experience
• Prior Consulting experience is essential in leading larger clients
• Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of teams is required.
• Experience of engaging and motivating colleagues to achieve goals.
• Experience in delivering large projects or implementations.
APPLY NOW and for a confidential discussion please call Marguerite Brahim 021 4944862