My client is a large multi site food manufacturer with sites across the UK. We are currently recruiting a Senior QA Manager to join the management team on site in Co tyrone.
To assist the technical manager in ensuring that site technical requirements are met. Interacting with the technical and operations teams to drive standards and customer expectations forward.
- Design, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of HACCP basedQuality Management System, including recording, storing and retrieval of records to demonstrate product quality, consistency and due diligence using industry best practice, customer best practice, BRC, Third Party / Legislative requirements / recommendations
- Co Ordinate and Manage HACCP Team and Activities
- Support the NPD Function to aid successful new product / process development through specifications, product information, reference samples, photographs, Use By schedules, proofing specifications, artwork verification etc
- Monitoring of factory cleaning and housekeeping and hygiene standards through first hand auditing on the factory floor and analysis of the Audit Reports and development of action strategies as a result of repeated / trending of non-conformances. Contribution to cleaning specification development
- Provide technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
- Product / process / environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPI’s.
- Management of Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold, reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving.
- To manage daily quality reports (e.g. KPI reports) for the operation team providing relevant information to facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Monitoring of the QMS System and Pre Requisite Programme by ensuring the implementation of the internal audit programme and implementation of corrective action and continuous improvement
- To monitor and control any negative environmental impact arising from the processes within area of responsibility; ensuring that all direct reports and colleagues are briefed and clear in regards to their responsibilities.
- Experience as a QA Manager in the food industry
- Report writing and procedural writing skills.
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft programmes in particular; Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with customers, external contacts, management and colleagues.
- Possess an Advanced Diploma in Applied HACCP Principles.
To discuss this on any other role in Life Sciences, call Seamus on 02890725625