Senior Project Manager
Our client, an international M&E Group, leading utility solutions provider, are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Project Manager for the management of all areas of Site Operations, in the delivery of a major renewable (Wind Farm) project, the main focus of which is Civils led. The successful Senior Project Manager will have a proven track record in Wind Farm Construction.
The role involves:
- Promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Management of project teams (Civil Sub-contractor and Electrical) during the construction and installation phase of the project.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to ensure the appropriate construction and installation staff are selected/appointed.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors. Liaises with Project Team to deliver programme.
- Ensure that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with local Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
- Interfaces with the all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the Client.
- Manage Project Costings and assist with project finance reporting.
- Site data management including daily and weekly progress reports on works completed, plant and hours.
- Identify issues and risks at the earliest opportunity and resolve or escalate issues as appropriate.
- Support Business Development, through tendering and business networking.
- Ensure our core Customer Care principles are adhered to.
- A Degree in Engineering plus 7 years post qualification experience within the Engineering industry.
- Previous Wind Farm experience is very much preferred
- Previous experience within the MV/HV Power sector is preferred.
- Previous experience within the Civils industry is preferred.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of complex data; assessing risks and gains against business criteria to generate sound commercial answers.
- Ensures clear and appropriate goals are set; focuses well on targets; demonstrates enthusiasm and drive to consistently deliver quality in performance.
- Clear and visible leadership, with capacity to absorb responsibility and accountability whilst providing sensitive direction to others.
- Be able to work systematically within clear guidelines / set goals and strive to achieve required results consistently.
- Appreciate the time, cost and quality implications of the role.
- Ability to motivate and encourage others whilst taking the lead.
- Considered analysis of all available data to arrive at viable options and organising information to identify the key issues and plan appropriately.
- Excellent Commercial knowledge and understanding.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work independently
- Prepared to work out of office hours and occasionally on weekends, as and when required.
Attractive permanent role. Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidates qualifications, experience, suitability and fit for the role. Benefits include pension contributions, learning and development opportunities, further education, career development, company vehicles, opportunities to travel, bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
This is an immediate role. If you desire to embrace training and development and progress within a business, please contact: Sandra at sandra