Senior Production Planner - Antrim
Our Antrim based client are currently recruiting for a senior production planner to add to their ever-growing team to effectively lead the production planning function within their business. The purpose of the role is to take a commercial approach in ensuring effective planning of production schedules to ensure customer satisfaction with production efficiencies and minimum stock.
This is a key strategic role, as production planning is the fulcrum between sales and production and therefore a focus on efficiency and effective communication with relevant departments will be vital.
- Lead and manage the production planning team to ensure the planning function is organised to deliver accurate and efficient production plans, tonnage data and optimum stock levels. This will be to ensure maximum sales and customer satisfaction levels with their deliveries on time.
- Responsibility for planning production of items in agreement with the steel fabrication, mould making and production departments to achieve completion dates as agreed with the customer.
- Leading communication for production planning which acts as the central point of contact regarding all orders for sales, technical, production and dispatch personnel.
- Attend the weekly production planning meetings with a commercial approach to achieving optimal efficiency and tonnage levels. Ensuring effective communication in relation to production plans between related departments and raising any concerns which may impact the production programme.
- Ordering raw materials for projects as necessary, ensuring the lowest possible stock levels to allow production to proceed in line with programme.
- Liaise with the Purchasing department to ensure that materials are purchased at the optimum price and that accounts are set up with suppliers appropriately.
- Produce the monthly stock evaluation and assist in calculating optimum stock levels and forecasts, working within these to assist the company to manage cash flow.
- Help the company to improve On Time In Full (OTIF) KPI delivery.
- Optimize production around any capacity constraints e.g. labour, machinery, maintenance, mixer etc.
- Delivery and management of new production planning/scheduling software to improve efficiencies in the process and on the factory floor/paperless software.
- Record any non-conformances and/or complaints received as tickets on the SalesLogix CRM package and assist if required in the resolution and completion of Corrective Actions Reports.
- Liaise with the Office Administrator in relation to stock, invoicing and customer credit terms.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed through consultation with the Sales Manager.
- Competitive salary
- Car parking
- Healthcare scheme
- Attendance Pay
- Childcare voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in production planning and experience of leading a team
- Further level education, such as BTEC level or similar, preferably in a business-related subject
- High levels of accuracy and organisation, with proven strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Clear strong communicator, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a busy commercial office
- Strong commercial understanding of business principles
- Driven individual motivated to achieve targets/KPIs
- Experience of stock control and valuation
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook and experience/knowledge of accounts/stock management software packages, such as SAGE software
Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or email me (Richard) for more information email@example.com Or for more information call me 02890 725 632 to discuss in confidence!