Exciting opportunity for SENIOR PL/SQL DEVELOPER on RSA project in global provider of financial services technology.
What you'll do:
Work as part of a team who will develop PLSQL and Java code on our core acquiring platform. Deep database knowledge and will have good knowledge of both SQL and PLSQL. To have some basic Java knowledge.
Knowledge & Skills
• Develop PLSQL code on our core Acquiring platform.
• Develop unit tests for all code developed.
• Be competent enough in Java to work on some of our Java components on the platform.
• Convert functional specifications into application solutions.
• Deliver technical specifications in line with design standards that accurately detail the technical solutions to be implemented and supported on their systems.
• Have knowledge of the Payments industry.
• Be familiar with Continuous Integration and have knowledge of Source Code Management tools such as GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins etc.
• Train and mentor members of the team & wider groups on the overall platform architecture and its various components
• Play a lead role in improving processes, procedures and automation of our software development process.
• Participate in determining standards and best practices around code development
• Working with business users and support teams to solve any issues with software
• Ability to prioritise and to take responsibility for one's own workload
• 6 years software development experience
• Excellent Database knowledge and excellent knowledge of SQL and PLSQL
• Basic knowledge of Java
• 3rd level certification (IT / Business focused)
• Basic Unix/Linux experience.
• Good knowledge of CI tools such as GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and technical writing skills
• Previous experience in credit card/payments/merchant acquiring industry preferable
• Knowledge of Python and AIX scripting a bonus.