Are you looking for a new challenge where you can contribute to major projects across the Environmental sector? Do you want to work in an environment where your efforts make a difference and your talent is valued and recognised?
The successful candidate will assist in the delivery and management of projects for key public and private sector clients in Ireland.
· Preparation of Hydrogeological Impact Assessments on the likely impacts of proposed projects covering a range of sectors including water, transport, waste, energy and land use.
· Scoping and coordination and / or supervision of site investigations, borehole drilling, trial pit surveying including contaminated land investigations etc.
· Borehole specifications for hydrogeological investigations
· Scientific analysis of soil and groundwater data to support detailed assessments.
· Project Management of investigations in accordance with EPA Code of Practice.
· Groundwater modelling and risk assessment. · Scoping, preparing and delivering contaminated land assessment projects and development of remediation proposals.
· Presentation of expert witness at Oral Hearing.
· Integration with multi-disciplinary teams focused on creating solutions. This will include working with internal departments, clients and other third parties such as engineers, architects, planners, environmental consultants, hydrologists, archaeologists, landscape architects etc.
· Management of resourcing and budgeting on projects including billing of clients.
· Business development and reporting to senior management and directors.
· Management and mentoring of junior staff.
The Candidate will ideally have:
· BSc in hydrogeology, geology or other relevant subject (e.g. environmental science, earth science or other science discipline).
· MSc or PhD in hydrogeology/hydrology or related subject.
· PGeo EurGeol (IGI) or CGeol (Geological Society of London).
· A minimum seven years’ employment experience in environmental consultancy.
· A broad range of previous relevant work experience in a professional consultancy or relevant NGO, academic setting or similar.
· Excellent field skills with demonstrated site investigation expertise and collecting of groundwater and soil / waste samples.
· Knowledge of relevant Irish and European legislation.
· Experience in compiling Environmental Risk Assessment reports on the likely impacts of proposed developments and recommending appropriate mitigation measures. In particular, addressing hydrological and hydrogeological interactions and interdependencies
· Experience of quantitative risk assessments including the use of conceptual site models.
· Experience in redevelopment of brownfield sites and remediation of contaminated sites.
· Excellent report writing skills and GIS experience
· Full Clean Driving Licence.
Declan Breen Recruitment Consultant
Ph: 091507510 M: 0831077897
Address: Unit 19, 3rd Floor, Dockgate, Merchants Rd, Galway, H91 AF8R