SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT – 12MONTH CONTRACT
My client, a Galway based multinational, seeks to hire a new Senior Financial Accountant. This hire is due to an influx in new business. You will be responsible for month-end, updating balance sheet reconciliations, streamlining processes and report automation. This role will offer you with a breadth of responsibilities in different areas. This role will offer opportunities to grow internally. This is a 12-18month temporary contract via CPL with a view to permanency. This role will report to FP&R Manager and will be based at the client’s site.
- Assisting in the preparing of the monthly management accounts for the group
- Assisting with the closure of the month end ledgers on the ERP system
- Responsible for all trading and statutory entities
- Enforce the finance policies and procedures including but not limited to
- Presentation and disclosure of transactions
- Dealing with statutory audit queries
- Ensuring a robust system of internal controls operates over all transactions
- Ensuring a comprehensive month end file is prepared and reviewed to support all balances held including detailed schedules for accruals, provisions, and prepayments
- Ensuring overheads are accounted for in line with policies and procedures
- Ensuring a full matrix is maintained of intercompany balances and that balances are agreed, confirmed, and reconciled monthly
- Assist in the submission of monthly vat returns across all jurisdictions
- Assist in the submission of CSO and regulatory authority returns
- Assisting with ensuring all profit and loss account entries and balance sheet entries and accounts are posted correctly and reconciled monthly.
- Assisting with posting monthly payroll costs and payroll allocations across the group
- Coordinating with other finance functions to ensure all transactions and balance sheet balances are appropriately supported, in line with accounting standards and group policies
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts are appropriately reconciled on a timely basis and that these reconciliations are appropriately reviewed
- Providing input on the company forecast and on the annual budget processes
- Reporting monthly on anomalies and specific aspects to management
- Making recommendations on the correct accounting treatment for transactions
- Ensuring revenue/HMRC compliance of transactions to minimise the risk of audits.
- Working cross functionally to deliver streamlining initiatives for the finance function
- Ensure there is no manual circumvention of controls, that the delegation of authority is followed and that any instances of non-compliance are investigated, and loopholes closed
- Actively identify opportunities to streamline the workflow process
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in line with frs102
- Qualified Accountant – Big4 Trained – Essential
- 3 years PQE – Experience in manufacturing environment – Desirable but not essential
- Experience with large ERP’s is desirable but not essential
- Advanced Excel - MAXIFS, Match, Index, Offset, Pivot Table’s, VlookUP – Essential
Interested? Please send your CV to peter.casey@Cpl.ie for consideration.