You will be a hands-on, and focused engineering consultant who can uphold the clients approach to quality-driven success. You will need to have had Building Services Consultancy Design experience and will be a competent user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux; BIM experience will be advantageous, and you must be able to deliver detailed designs From RIBA inception to handover. If you have initiative and have the qualities above, you can pave your way for a successful career with the client.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Degree level in Electrical Engineering
• Chartership desirable
• 6+ years Building Services Consultancy Design experience
• Proficient user of Amtech, Relux/Dialux
• BIM experience advantageous
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Proven experience of delivering detailed designs through the full design cycle.
• Expert knowledge and experience in the following Electrical design areas: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, MV/LV Power Distribution, Containment and BMS.
• Excel at working on several projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritise and plan work.
• Exhibit leadership qualities whilst working flexibly as part of a team.
• Ability to make prompt, disciplined project decisions.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Commercial Awareness.
• Lead and manage the full Electrical Design on projects demonstrating client care at all times.
• Fulfil electrical design work as required.
• Provide quality control for Electrical Engineering projects across all offices.
• Project cost control.
• Management of both project teams and cross-functional teams within the organisational structure.
• Lead change in new systems and technologies.
• Mentor and develop less experienced Engineers.
• Assist modellers to produce detailed working drawings in 3D and scheme drawings.
• Travel to client and project locations as required to represent the client for meetings/ surveys/training etc.
• Ensure that the good name and reputation of the client is maintained and promoted within the industry.
• Liaise and collaborate with other clients offices for all matters as appropriate.
• Seek out new project opportunities for the company.