Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Engage and build effective relationships with a wide range of industry stakeholders nationwide, to develop a deep understanding of the Home Building sector, specifically to:
- Promote awareness of client and its product offering,
- Understand Industry issues by region, rural versus urban, development type, customer type, etc.
- Identify potential clients and identify market opportunities for the development of new business
- Develop an understanding of Industry issues that are a priority for our client and provide accurate feedback
- Represent Client and its activities at national level, including participating in Industry Forums, conferences, client discussions, etc.
- Analyse and understand Clients Business targets, by product, revenue stream, region, customer profile, etc., in order to make recommendations to the COO for business development
- Contribute and support the development of the Marketing Strategy
- Provide recommendations for content for Website / Social Media Channels
- Support the planning / delivery of communications plans, campaigns and events and input to preparation of materials, event promotion, etc,
- Support the development of a Customer database, logging referrals, presentations, etc., to optimise the development of potential opportunities
- Contribute to product development within the Clients team through timely feedback from the marketplace.
- Work closely with the Team and other areas within the Client group in order to facilitate effective communication and business development ideas.
- Support other Client teams as required in the development of business proposals to effectively contribute to the achievement of goals and targets of Client.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience at senior management level working in the residential development/funding sector, or Financial Advisory Sector
- Demonstrated sound commercial judgement and market awareness, excellent knowledge of residential development lending product offerings and markets.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships and contacts with Stakeholders within and outside the company/industry
- Knowledge of lending agreements, covenants and security requirements.
- Good understanding of relevant financing models and data with an ability to review, understand financial data and financial forecasts.
- A good knowledge of the main builder/developers in each region and key stakeholders in these regions
- Strong understanding of the Irish planning and development system.
- Exceptional networking skills and relationship management skills must have a notably pleasant character to develop and maintain key relationships
- ‘Can do attitude’ with entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem solving skills and ability to generate new ideas
- Strong Analytical Skills with ability to understand companies Business Plans and figures
- Ability to identify key risk issues in negotiation of borrowing facilities and to deliver alternative solutions if required.
- An ability to work alone and remotely as the role will involve travel 2/3 days per week
- Highly effective communication skills, in writing and in person to facilitate and interact with diverse groups of people without being misunderstood.
- Degree preferably in economics/finance or other relevant discipline, and/or equivalent professional qualification