The successful candidate will come from a banking or advisory background and have the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how, be a team player who not only understands how to identify new market opportunities, but also knows what it takes to realise that opportunity. They will be required to develop excellent relationships with builder/developers, construction industry representative, existing borrowers and stakeholders in general. This role will entail a significant degree of travel within Ireland and will be offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Engage and build effective relationships with a wide range of industry stakeholders nationwide, to develop a deep understanding of the Home Building sector, specifically to:
- Promote awareness of client and its product offering,
- Understand Industry issues by region, rural versus urban, development type, customer type, etc.
- Identify potential clients and identify market opportunities for the development of new business
- Develop an understanding of Industry issues that are a priority for our client and provide accurate feedback
- Represent Client and its activities at national level, including participating in Industry Forums, conferences, client discussions, etc.
- Analyse and understand Clients Business targets, by product, revenue stream, region, customer profile, etc., in order to make recommendations to the COO for business development
- Contribute and support the development of the Marketing Strategy
- Provide recommendations for content for Website / Social Media Channels
- Support the planning / delivery of communications plans, campaigns and events and input to preparation of materials, event promotion, etc,
- Support the development of a Customer database, logging referrals, presentations, etc., to optimise the development of potential opportunities
- Contribute to product development within the Clients team through timely feedback from the marketplace.
- Work closely with the Team and other areas within the Client group in order to facilitate effective communication and business development ideas.
- Support other Client teams as required in the development of business proposals to effectively contribute to the achievement of goals and targets of Client.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience at senior management level working in the residential development/funding sector, or Financial Advisory Sector
- Demonstrated sound commercial judgement and market awareness, excellent knowledge of residential development lending product offerings and markets.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships and contacts with Stakeholders within and outside the company/industry
- Knowledge of lending agreements, covenants and security requirements.
- Good understanding of relevant financing models and data with an ability to review, understand financial data and financial forecasts.
- A good knowledge of the main builder/developers in each region and key stakeholders in these regions
- Strong understanding of the Irish planning and development system.
- Exceptional networking skills and relationship management skills must have a notably pleasant character to develop and maintain key relationships
- ‘Can do attitude’ with entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem solving skills and ability to generate new ideas
- Strong Analytical Skills with ability to understand companies Business Plans and figures
- Ability to identify key risk issues in negotiation of borrowing facilities and to deliver alternative solutions if required.
- An ability to work alone and remotely as the role will involve travel 2/3 days per week
- Highly effective communication skills, in writing and in person to facilitate and interact with diverse groups of people without being misunderstood.
- Degree preferably in economics/finance or other relevant discipline, and/or equivalent professional qualification