Senior Android Engineer
Based in Nenagh my client is a global provider of financial services technology. Clients include banks, thrifts, credit unions, securities broker dealers, leasing and finance companies, and retailers.
This role will suit someone who is a problem solver, is naturally inquisitive and is fully accountable for how they spend their day.
- Contribute significantly to implementing technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team which will contain other developers, architects, product owners and DevOps engineers.
- Work within a defined agile delivery process to deliver high quality code for complex projects.
- Design and implement Android applications and services that provide best in class payment flow experience for customers.
- Support the architectural direction and solution specification for new applications and services.
- Responsible for the execution of required, complex, development tasks, including: unit tests, debugging with state-of-the-art tools, programming languages and utilities.
- Validation activities including, component tests, regression tests, system integration tests.
- Troubleshoot issues that may span across wide range of device types.
- Implementation, documentation and quality assurance of software/architectures and E2E- solutions.
- Creation of monitoring and logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of our high performance, enterprise production environment.
- Contribute to estimation efforts at a T-shirt sizing level using your expertise in the relevant areas.
- Knowledge transfer, active support and educational development of internal and external team members.
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
Knowledge & Skills
- 6+ years’ experience in designing and developing Android, web and services based applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Strong skills and in-depth experience Java/Kotlin/Android
- Previous experience in payments industry, specifically working with EMVco, NEXO or exposure to PCI/PTS standards.
- Expertise in Android - understanding of the platform, experience with Android ROM is a plus.
- Be up to date with the latest Android application development trends.
- Experience with server technologies, REST web services, SOA, Familiarity with databases and schema design
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence.
- UI development, optimal performance, adaptation to various screen sizes.
- Familiar with 3rd party libraries for Android.
- Nice to have experience with distributed computing.
- High on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal commitment for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team.
- Ability to communicate clearly to business analysts and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives.
- Very strong and proven communication and coordination skills, open-minded and determined.
- Very organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
- Responsible for planning, highlighting and implementing possible improvements for existing and new applications.
- Can do, Will do attitude: You will be joining a founding team first and a large organisation second. This is exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop.
For more detail on this opportunity please contact Myles McKeown on 07393014990 or to apply just use the link provided.