• Sales of Companies Automation products and solutions to Power Utilities and through contractors / system integrators / channel partners in UK/Ireland.
• Selling the full product portfolio.
• Annual sales targets.
• Securing sales for existing and new products and solutions in the Power Utility market and other sectors within the UK/Ireland.
• Opening doors and identifying new opportunities.
• Promotion & presentations of all products, solutions and expertise.
• Account Management, building and managing customer relationships and positioning the company for new opportunities. The sales cycle is typically 6 months to a year.
• Tendering and submission of formal technical and commercial proposals.
• Development of channel partners in the region.
• Driving any necessary customer approvals and certifications required for new business. • Pre-qualification for opportunities.
• Extensive travel in UK & Ireland will be a requirement for the role.
• The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to identify and develop sales opportunities and to market technical solutions and services.
• Strong application engineering background with automation projects, preferably in the power sector.
• Experience in producing technical and commercial proposals.
• Delivering to sales targets.
• It is desirable if the candidate has a background in Power Utility automation, involved any of the following: SCADA, Protection, Substation Automation, Smart Grid Solutions, Distribution Automation, Renewable Energy or Communications.
• Experience of having worked internationally within the power utility or industrial markets would be beneficial.
• The ability to work at both the strategic and customer facing level is desirable.
• A results-driven individual with determination to deliver whilst maintaining professional and technical standards.
• Sales driven and enthusiastic with a strong technical background.
• Good communication skills with the ability to influence others.
• The ability to identify and cultivate long-term business relationships.