The nurse works in partnership with patients and their families/ whanau, and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team, to provide quality nursing care that is safe, cost-effective and in accordance with the Nursing Philosophy, professional and organisational standards, policy and procedure.
About Palmerston North's Mental Health Facilities
- This is a rostered and rotating position, including night duties within the Acute Mental Health Inpatient Ward. The purpose of this role is to provide quality nursing care for patients under the Mental Health Act (1999) and informal patients.
- The role includes working both on the open side of the ward and within the High Needs Unit
- The Registered Nurse will work collaboratively with other members of the Nursing team, Allied Health, Medical staff, the community Mental Health staff and general hospital staff to provide quality nursing care to patients/service users accessing inpatient services.
The Successful Candidate Will-
- Be registered, or be eligible to register, as a Psychiatric Nurse in New Zealand
- Hold a minimum of 2 years experience as a Psychiatric Nurse
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a positive, enthusiastic and proactive manner that instills confidence in clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate initiative, innovation and flexibility in practice
- Awareness of and sensitivity to individual and cultural differences
Some of the Benefits-
- Excellent, competitive salary based on experience and will be within the range of NZ$58,491 and NZ$75,132
- Excellent relocation package (detailed below)
- Full assistance with New Zealand professional registration & visa processing
- Supportive leadership, management, workplace environment and culture
- Commitment to on-the-job learning, ongoing further education and professional development
The Package includes:
- Candidates will be offered a relocation package for New Zealand of up to NZ$5000, this will be given on a receipt basis. You can claim back the following costs, to a value of NZ$5000-
- One-way airfares for the appointee and their family to Palmerston North based on economy class rates
- Motel accommodation (room only) for the appointee and their family for one week on arrival
- A rental car for one week
- A contribution towards the reasonable cost of the transport of furniture and personal effects by sea (excluding storage and insurance).
- Visas, medicals and registration expenses
For further information or for a detailed job specification, please contact Zoe Lawlor-
Phone +353 87 407 8773 or email email@example.com