To perform a key role as part of the blood collection team and to ensure an efficient, effective and safe blood component collection process. To be accountable for maintaining a high standard of donor/patient and nursing care; to develop clinical expertise, preceptorship, and assessment skills through clinical practice and supervision in the IBTS.
To practice within the Code of Practice guidelines from Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) and within the Nursing and IBTS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
To achieve and maintain competence in all key areas of the areas to which you are assigned e.g. Blood, Apheresis components and Therapeutics.
- To work within the IBTS quality framework to accept, refer and defer donor/patients, as per guidelines and SOPs
- To be flexible in the carrying out of duties to ensure best Service to the Donor and to participate in promotional activities as and when requested to do so.
- To ensure all work practices are in accordance with Quality Management Systems, evidence based practice and relevant SOP’s
- To use a framework within the IBTS protocols to assess donors/patients, Medical Assessment of Donors guidelines.
- To complete and document assessments in a thorough and accurate manner.
- To work with the IBTS quality framework to accept, refer and defer donor/patients
- To participate in assessment of clinical practice and training and development requirements of the service
- To work with CNM to develop and provide frameworks for all aspects of clinical practice.
- To advocate the health and rights of Donors/patients and staff.
- To Delegate appropriately in clinical practice
- Be registered with NMBI in the General Division
- Have your name maintained on the live register of NMBI
- Have a minimum of 3 years post registration experience, relevant to the role of the RGN in the IBTS
- Provide evidence of recent Continuous Professional Development
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate experience in managing people
- Proficient in the use of IT Management Systems (e.g. Electronic Patient Record/Management Systems/Learning Management Systems)
- Experience in change management
- Ability to work autonomously within your Scope of Practice
- Demonstrate a willingness to work flexible hours
- Experience in Haemovigilance/Oncology/Haematology Nursing
For more information on this position please contact Anna Carty at CPL Healthcare +353 (0) 91 507524 / firstname.lastname@example.org