Quantity Surveyor – Co. Down
Cpl are sourcing for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of leading local success story with a base in Co. Down, who due to continuing growth, wish to add to their Commercial team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving company who have an international presence and work tirelessly to help their employees manage their careers and achieve their personal and professional goals.
You will be working under the managing quantity surveyor with direction from the Commercial Director to ensure the effective management of costs involved in contracts to ensure cost control is maintained and value for money is achieved with the support of the collective resources of contracts, purchasing, estimating and other departments within the company.
- Establish contract budgets from tender estimates and management of same throughout the contract including:
- Preliminaries costs
- Labour Costs
- Material allowances monitoring
- Ensure the issuing of sub-contract packages and monitoring of these during the contract in conjunction with the contract’s manager.
- Ensure the completion of monthly cost value reconciliation reports including cost and value accruals and report same to Commercial Manager.
- Ensure the preparation of interim applications for payment (where applicable)
- Ensure the monitoring, measuring, quantifying and valuing of variations on the contract.
- Ensure the preparation of final accounts expediently after works completion.
- To make effective use of your communication, planning, negotiating, influencing, analytical, problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Extensive travel as part of the role
- Other duties as directed by the Commercial Director
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Commercial awareness and the ability to independently deal with complex projects
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
Apply now by clicking the Apply button or email me (Richard) for more information firstname.lastname@example.org Or call me 02890 725 632 to discuss in confidence!