One of our key clients here at CPL are looking to add a quantity surveyor to their team, they are currently going through a real stage of growth and they have over 8 years worth of work here in Northern Ireland supporting their major infrastructure programmes. Our client has an excellent reputation of providing a safe, reliable and efficient rail network across Great Britain & Northern Ireland.
You will be working as part of the commercial team to ensure provision of a professional Quantity Surveying service.
- Provide information to measure the financial and physical performance of projects against targets;
- Ensure best utilisation of resources to maximise profitability of projects/contracts;
- Provide relevant information for preparation of reports/claims to agreed timescales;
- Assist in preparation of estimates for bids;
- Prepare and submit applications for payment;
- Key Tasks include: Cash Collection, Change control management, Claims Management, Sub-contract procurement, contractual notifications & Contract close-out/final account;
- Awareness of debtor days;
- Keep all relevant records updated on our in-house computer system (e.g. payment certificates, retention, contract docs etc.); and
- Produce and input all information relevant to the CVR in conjunction with the Commercial Manager.
- Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor or similarly qualified construction professional (HNC/HND or equivalent);
- 4 years’ post qualification experience within the Construction Industry;
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution/body;
- Good communication skills.
- Business focused
- Analytical with a great attention to detail;
- Reliable and responsible attitude; and Able to liaise with all levels of the project team and the senior management acting with professionalism, discretion and diplomacy.
- May be required to work away from home
- 39 days annual leave including Stats
- 35 hour working week – (M-T) 9-17 (F) 9-13
- Competitive salary (call to discuss)
- Car Allowance
- + additional benefits
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please contact Richard Gowdy on 02890 725 632 / 07387417276 or click “apply” below. A full Job Description & Person Specification is available on request.