On behalf of my client, an API manufacturing company, I am recruiting for a Quality Control Analyst.
In this role you will be responsible for testing of samples of raw materials, intermediates, final products, stability and cleaning samples and any other materials requested by the Quality Control Assistant Manager, according to written procedures.
* Carrying out all analyses according to current Good Laboratory Practices.
* Operating company equipment and instruments according to standard operating procedures to avoid damage and to ensure safe working of same.
* Identifying and noting equipment (for sampling, testing and control) mal-operation if it occurs, and informing the QC Assistant Manager.
* Handling of all laboratory and production chemicals and other materials according to safety instructions and analytical methods so as not to endanger him/herself, others or the environment.
* Ensuring that only equipment which is properly calibrated and in good working order is used in testing, in order to avoid erroneous results.
* Maintaining PPE in good working order, reporting any defects immediately.
* Completion of all the necessary documentation for any tests carried out, in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice.
* Ensuring that the Laboratory Stores are kept in an ordered state with special regard to chemical incompatibilities.
* Ensuring that all retain samples are correctly stored for the prescribed period.
* Maintenance of an adequate supply of laboratory materials, including spares, and ordering of replacement stocks according to company procedures and in agreement with the QC Assistant Manager.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following background and experience:
* A considerable amount of HPLC experience is a must have, and the candidate should be confident with the troubleshooting and maintenance of the instrument.
* Experience in as many of the following techniques/tests is desirable: GC, Potentiometry, KF, UV, IR, TLC. Melting Point and general compendial tests.
* Experience with calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
* The candidate should ideally have some method analytical development/validation/tech transfer experience and be comfortable when tackling the introduction of new methodology into the lab.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671