Our client based in Galway is seeking a Lead Auditor to join their team. You will be responsible for supporting the divisional auditing program through primarily auditing suppliers in accordance with their supplier management programs, the timely completion of audit reports, communication of results, and preparation of metrics as required to support compliance with the supplier quality management systems.
- Perform quality audits of suppliers as requested by management and/or corporate entities. Must use both technical and quality knowledge for supplier audit. The audit may be part of the supplier selection, qualification, and approval process. Perform corporate supplier audits either alone or as part of a team, remotely or on site. May be the lead auditor or a team member. Requests support of SME if required.
- Responsible for assisting with the corporate Quality System by ensuring that the supplier audit program is implemented in compliance with existing procedural requirements. This may include audit scheduling and execution, complete timely audit reports, and may assist corporate entities with follow-up or review of SCAR input. Provide guidance regarding audit strategies and approaches.
- Provide supplier audit metrics which may be used in support of Management Review.
- Performs audits of the company’s corporate entities if requested in support of the corporate audit program. Audits must be documented in accordance with corporate standards in a timely manner. Audit metrics will be provided as required upon request.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behaviour with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
- BS/BA degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a medical device area or other highly regulated industry with exposure to quality and manufacturing processes. Has an in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Minimum of five years of medical device industry experience with strong working knowledge of quality audits, both internal and supplier, 21 CFR 820, part 803, part 806, part 11; and ISO 13485/GMP’s; IVDR, MDR; and other international standards.
- Training and/or experience of Technical Documentation compilation/review for compliance with MDR/IVDR.
- ASQ Certification (CQA, CQE) or equivalent; specific work experience in quality auditing may be substituted for certificate.
- Ability to travel approximately 40-50 % of time for audits. The majority of travel will be within EMEA.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to rent cars from commercial car rental agencies.
- Requires strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with persons of a variety of backgrounds.
- Must have good computer software skills with word processing, database management and spreadsheets.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis a plus.
- Strong writing skills, including composition and grammar, in order to draft effective supplier and corporate audit reports.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Characteristics which enable the individual to succeed are the following: organization, proactive approach, and data driven decision making.
- Must be proficient in use of personal computer and business/technical software (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- Must have capability to review, analyse, summarize and interpret quality systems data, draw conclusions, make appropriate decisions and recommendations, write reports and give oral presentations.
- Must show self-initiative but be comfortable in the role of a team player. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understands and is able to apply knowledge of the Quality Systems Regulations and international quality systems and medical device standards.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button
Or call Megan Warr on 091507515 for a confidential conversation
Visit www.cpljobs.com for more Engineering jobs