The QC Manager (Microbiology) will be responsible for the Management, oversight and technical control of all Quality Control Laboratory activities within the Microbiology Laboratory. The laboratory consists of a team of 8 colleagues responsible for finished product, raw material, water testing and Environmental Monitoring. The QC Manager (Microbiology) will be the direct Manager for this team.
The Microbiology Laboratory is one of 8 Laboratories within the QC department comprising of Raw Materials testing, Finished Product, Stability, a LIMS team, Instrumentation team etc. The QC Department is quite mature on its level on the Lean Journey and strives to continuously be the leader in this space. The teams are highly advanced on Standard Work and significantly strong on our use of Visual Management and the use Of KPI’s. The Microbiology Manager will become part of the QC Management Team which as a group maintains oversight on a large QC team within the QO organisation. This team strives for supporting our teams and allowing them to own their business. Our focus is to enable our people to do their job to the best of their ability and empower them to problem solve at the team level.
This QC Management team is responsible:
- Recruitment, Coaching and Developing of High Performing Teams within the QC team;
- Driving Continuous Improvement Projects using Lean tools;
- Supporting the Process Centric Team model with the Manufacturing units, working alongside Process Team Leads on attaining Customer Service;
- Strategic look ahead on capacity planning and new technologies;
- Involvement in Lean Projects, 5S;
- Supporting Culture projects across the site, collaborative team work is strongly promoted;
- Involved in Site projects such as Value Stream Mapping, Data Integrity Projects;
- Supporting Site investigations as the key SMEs;
- Supporting the introduction of New Products to the site in Technical Transfers;
- Working alongside QA/ QP partners in the QO organisation;
- Working alongside Technical Services Dept. on Validation programs (cleaning and process).