QC Functional Reviewer/Proofreader
This role is focussed on the QC review of English products during development and prior to release to clients (proofreading/editing English clinical content and manual functional testing and verification of configuration of the products).
The product offering includes online video-based training modules, study portals, patient portals, websites, and other online products. QC will ensure that any bugs noticed are logged in the bug tracker and all issues are addressed prior to QC approval/release to client.
The QC Functional Reviewer/Proofreader will carry out the following project functions:
- Verify that all English products are configured as per client project specification prior to release
- Perform manual functional reviews of products on both desktop and using in-browser mobile emulators prior to release to client and log any bugs clearly in the bug tracker so they can be understood and fixed by development teams
- Conduct regression testing to ensure bugs logged in one version are fixed and closed in a subsequent version
- Proofread English content as part of QC reviews and suggest grammatical or content-related edits in line with in-house content standards, either in Microsoft Word or in the Content Management System within our application
- Complete QC checklists accurately for each review so that each review is documented and attributable to an individual tester, version of the product, and clearly shows the checks that passed/failed and any bugs that were logged against the version reviewed
- Provide feedback to project manager/project team on QC review progress, or any issues causing delay
- Provide oversight of file version control on a project, ensuring this is tightly maintained
What they are looking for!
- A minimum of a BSc degree in a related discipline (Quality, Computing/Software, English Language Studies, etc.)
- ISTQB Tester Certification or similar would be beneficial
- Previous experience of manually testing e-learning courses, online websites, mobile apps, or proofreading of content or online materials is beneficial
- Previous experience in a QA role, with knowledge of quality and testing processes such as revision control, regression testing, bug tracking, etc.
- Previous experience proofreading/editing online or clinical materials
- Tech-savvy, with good working knowledge of various web browsers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of revision control and bug trackers (e.g., Atlassian JIRA or similar) would be beneficial
- Previous exposure to QA processes, and the concepts of revision control, bug tracking, regression, etc.
- Previous experience manually testing functionality or configuration of websites, e-learning modules/learning management systems, mobile apps, or responsive websites
- Excellent attention to detail
- For proofreading, English grammar of the applicant must be impeccable
- Takes pride in quality, ensuring products are in excellent shape prior to release
- Good communicator
- Analytical thinker
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Strong decision-making ability
- Team player
- Ability to proactively resolve quality issues that arise during the project
- Self-motivated/self-starter who will drive quality improvements within the company
Interested? Then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tina on +353 1 2784671