Currently this function is carried out by our clients individual QS’s and at a site level by their PM’s & Foremen.
They hope to gradually move to a centralised, requisition based system and to essentially do away with local and site purchasing of materials and consumables.
Ideally they want to recruit an experienced Buyer who has ambitions to develop and lead the purchasing function at a senior level within the Company.
The role of the Buyer / Purchasing Manager is to ensure best practise in the procurement of materials, consumables and plant hire to support our clients construction operations which are effectively split equally between the Cork and Dublin offices.
The role will be based in Cork and will evolve to managing a number of staff as they bed in new centralised procurement procedures.
Responsibilities and duties will include the following:
- Daily processing of orders for materials, plant hire.
- Securing the best commercial terms with our suppliers.
- Structuring of bulk deals with key supply chain members.
- Approval of invoices prior to payment.
- Development of purchasing management system which is to be integrated with our Evolution M Accounts Software and Company Procedures.
- Managing a small admin team to clear invoices, track PO’s, delivery dockets etc.
- Manage the charge out of company owned plant & equipment.
- Work hand in hand with QS and estimating team to share pricing knowledge.
- Rationalise current supplier lists.
- Attend operations meetings and contract pre-commencement meetings.
- Travel to regional offices to support regional operations as required.