As a strong, diversified, vertically integrated utility, my client operates right across the electricity market: from generation, through transmission and distribution to supply. In addition, they offer further value at certain points along this chain: supplying gas, using theirr networks to carry fibre for telecommunications, developing electric vehicle public charging infrastructure and more.
An experienced programme and project Scheduler is required within the Project Management Methodologies section of Engineering & Major Projects (E&MP) to work on domestic and international power generation projects. Domestic projects will be projects delivered by E&MP on behalf of Generation & Trading (G&T). Programme and project support to project delivery teams within Networks and G&T will also be a feature of the role. Schedulers may be expected to manage multiple concurrent project schedules (typical project values €1M to €50M+).
An opportunity is available for a self-motivated candidate with strong influencing and communication skills, with a proven track record in project management. This role will allow the candidate to develop an in-depth knowledge of projects across the group, interacting with key stakeholders
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain the Master Project Schedules to support the Projects being delivered within Engineering & Major Projects, Generation & Trading.
- Collaborate within the Scheduling team (team is typically 3-4 staff supported by external Scheduling contractors).
- Work closely with the Project Managers to ensure proper analysis and challenge to the project schedules.
- Work closely with PMO especially around the development of WBS (work breakdown structures).
- Identifying critical paths and schedule risks.
- Inputting into department’s resource utilisation reports.
- Schedule integration across multiple projects.
- Define and update the E&MP’s scheduling QA methodology in line with PMI standards
- Implement project schedule change control / data integrity management / baselining
- Data import / interface management.
- Management of scheduling software versions & vendor management.
- Supports Project Managers with contractor claims management.
- Work with clients to determine and implement solutions to their schedule needs.
- Develop and design custom schedule reports.
- Provide analysis on schedule information, e.g. negative float & look ahead reports.
- Identify improvement opportunities pertaining to schedule issues.
- Provide ‘what-if’ support to customers as needed.
- Proactively troubleshoot schedule issues and gaps and work issues with stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Project Management experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role
- Expert knowledge of Primavera software and other scheduling software.
- Significant experience of working from own initiative, taking ownership of work / projects.
- Strong knowledge of project management processes.
- Track record of working on a variety of projects including major projects (>€1M).
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and delivering value for the organization.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work and share knowledge and competencies within a team structure
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexibility which is important in all aspects of the role, including travel nationally and internationally.
- Knowledge of project delivery environment within utilities/Energy industry.
- Experience of forensic scheduling.
- 3rd level qualification in engineering or relevant area.
- Formal Project Management qualification.
- Full driver’s license
The role will be based in Dublin, but may entail travel around Ireland and/or internationally.
Project Scheduler Team Leader, Engineering & Major Projects
*This role is permanent and based in Dublin, you must have a stamp 4 visa or European Passport to be considered for the role, there is no sponsorship on offer.*