Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking a Project Coordination Specialist for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Projects Manager.
The successful candidate will provide project management, reporting and document control support to project teams to ensure the execution of major infrastructural projects on time, within budget and with a comprehensive suite of final project documentation.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Work with the project team and support the successful delivery of large scale infrastructure projects;
- Assist in the development of project management plans in the areas of scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management;
- Ensure project governance is adhered to and assist with project reporting to senior management and external stakeholders;
- Ensure document management consistency across projects and project stages, rigorously maintaining control and traceability of the documentation from project initiation through to completion and hand-over to operations;
- Ensure all documentation at hand-over reflects accurately the as-built project;
- Monitor and control project activities, gather and summarise the outputs of project work streams to ensure that deliverables are recorded and acted upon; including attending project meetings to record and follow up on agreed actions;
- Prepare project specific control documentation using available templates, including project programmes, financial tracking, risk registers, issues log and action log;
- Co-ordinate project communications including the preparation of meetings, reports and presentations. Administer the document management system and co-ordinate the transfer of project information across a diverse and mutli-geographical project team. Utilise the online document control software to distribute and monitor documents for approval and ensure satisfactory revision control is maintained;
- Support in the procurement of all goods and services required by the project in accordance with company policy and legislative requirements. Assist the project team in coordinating the work of external consultants. Where required prepare purchase order requisitions, coordinate the review of service contracts and monitor project spend and generate monthly financial report including comparison to approved budget estimate and forecast costs to completion. Perform ad-hoc administration duties as required;
- Build good working relationship with the project team to ensure that procedures and processes are understood and followed by all. Assist in knowledge transfer across the Powergen Development team and wider Business. Liaise with management and stakeholders to keep them appraised of project status;
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety management systems are followed;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Third level qualification in business, engineering or equivalent, recognised Project Management qualification desirable;
- 3 years administration/coordination role on large/complex projects or equivalent;
- Good understanding of Project Management principles are essential for this role;
- Excellent report writing and communications skills essential for this role;
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular MS Excel and MS Project;
- Good knowledge and proficiency in online sharing platforms such as SharePoint, Sharefile, Projectwise etc. is a distinct advantage.