Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking a Project Accountant for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Newbridge, Co.Kildare and will report to the Finance Manager – Powergen Development.
The successful candidate will assist in the accounting, financing, reporting and controlling of large renewable energy projects within the Powergen Development pipeline.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- This role will require core financial and management accounting skills while also giving exposure to the complex structured finance solutions used to fund these projects;
- Involved in the financial close process working closely across a number of workstreams including legal, technical due diligence, insurance, swaps, model audit and tax;
- Take ownership of the monthly debt utilisation process working closely with the agent bank, lenders technical advisor and the project team to manage subcontractor claims and payments;
- Responsible for the financial management and integrity of reporting for all aspects of a number of development DAC's including Fixed Assets, Bank, Debtors, Creditors, Procurement and GL reporting. Assist in ensuring that the governance and internal control frameworks for these entities is adhered to;
- Work with the Powergen Development Finance Manager to ensure the successful delivery of these projects on time and to budget;
- Financial Management and Project Reporting – manage the preparation of the monthly management accounts working closely with the project team and owners engineer (OE) to analysis the actual, committed and forecast projects spend across the key construction contracts;
- Managing Lender processes and relationship – compile monthly utilisation packs for submission to the project lenders including; OE certification, Lenders Technical Advisor sign off, forecast contingency utilisation and covenant tests. Manage recurring and ad-hoc reporting requirements as per the finance documents;
- Service Delivery: - Provide accurate and timely financial results to the project teams, steering committees and Boards;
- Governance/Risk Management
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to project development teams;
- Ensure appropriate cover is in place to do tasks when required (holidays, sick leave);
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Qualified accountant with experience in the energy sector;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of energy sector and experience with renewable projects.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to email@example.com