Product Technical Manager – Galway
The mission of the Product Technical Manager is to bring professional PM experience to the execution of the project. To clearly define, communicate & control the time, cost & quality of the project. To effectively communicate with the project team all requirements & facilitate resolution of all project related issues. To efficiently and effectively communicate with management on all issues requiring escalation.
- Technical risk management;
- Project Scope (R&D Scope)
- Project Risk Assessment (R&D Risk List)
- Project Schedule and Supplier Status (R&D Level 2 plan ties to Project Level 1 plan and customer milestones)
- Drives and manages project progress. Result driven
- Forecast issues / delays - constant updating & managing of the L2 Project Plan
- Work effectively in tight deadlines regardless of possible setbacks / roadblocks. Ability to circumvent roadblocks / find solutions
- Identifying cross-project issues in the next generation project pipeline and working with R&D management to identify and implement solutions
- Build strong relationships with customer, being able to build / repair relationships, defuse escalations
- Manage the customer and their timelines ensuring dates / deliveries are respected
- Delegate tasks
- Expected to coach and train R&D team members (e.g. ME Leader, HW Leader, Sys, other Product Technical leads)
- Manage budget
- Ability to forecast changes
- Estimation of resource needs and development workload within R&D; Ensuring the monthly balancing of resources against needs
- Keep customers/stakeholders updated on Project progress.
- Prepare/validate reports on Project development progress to DR/PVC/TSC and to all Governance stages when required
- Manage customer relationships (internal and external) and coordinate communication within their team for any R&D/Technical issues
- Manage Technical relations with external resources participating in Project Activity
- Support Product Marketing and Business Development activities as required
- Promote the company’s values, Culture and Standards (Product, Methodology, Tools) within the System/ Project teams and control their application
- Respect health, safety and environment charts and requirements
- Ensure Project development in compliance with the company’s standards.
- An Engineering Degree in a technical area e.g. Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronic, Optics, Computer Science;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a Project/Product Management role
- Experience in the automotive Industry will be an advantage
- Thorough understanding of the physical product development cycle
- Technical background within product development - ideally optomechatronics
- Ability to define appropriate measures for themselves and the team to achieve project goals; Prioritisation and co-ordination of those measures
- Ability to motivate a team (cross functional & diverse), have them working together to
- Cost driven to improve project financials
- Manage Communication/reporting with customers
- Deep understanding coupled with hands on experience of product design and development.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Excellent team player, autonomous in their role with proven leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills.
For more information on this role contact Martin Connell on 091 507507 or email email@example.com